Monday, April 23, 2012

3.3 Reflection: Using Web 2.0 Tools

I use web 2.0 tools daily for my work life and personal life. I am no longer in the classroom, but can see a huge potential for the use of these tools. I used to do a presentation all over the world called "Web 2.0 Whirlwind" where I would share a ton of different tools and an example of how each one can be used for learning. I had created a wiki awhile back for this presentation to share with teachers all over at http://aliooplv.pbworks.com/w/page/12103173/FrontPage. It needs a lot of updating, but people still share new sites as they learn about them here. I believe any web 2.0 tool could be used for learning in some way. It just takes some creativity in thinking of ways to use them but there is potential for all of them in learning. I believe kids are using the Internet and these tools in their daily lives, they just need help in how to use them to learn and to be productive with them. I think this was a great unit. I will have to go back and watch the videos when I get back home and have bandwidth that will allow me to see them, but the projects looked interesting in the PBL section and it was fun to explore new tools that I wasn't previously aware of and got to meet some interesting people during the group project. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment