Saturday, April 7, 2012

1.2 Reflection: Personal Learning Goal

The online learning assessment I took this week said that I was 80% prepared to take an online course and I think that is pretty accurate. My biggest issues with online learning are that I am a procrastinator and have an extremely crazy schedule for work. I never know where I am going to be from day to day and while I think I will have plenty of time to work on this course or other work, while traveling the days seem to fill up very quickly and leave no time for sleep, let alone working on an online course.

However, I have taken and taught online courses in the past and have been very successful. I find that when I have someone pushing me, or checking in on me, I tend to do much better. Otherwise, it is very easy to forget about the course and do other things. (So please keep me in line and don't let me get behind as I will procrastinate and put things off until the very last minute! :))

My main goal for this course is to evaluate the content. iNACOL has been a part of the development of the course and our standards for Quality Online Teaching and Courses were used to develop it, so I want to make sure it is a quality course and will help prepare teachers to teach in these new learning environments. I want to make sure we are pushing the teachers and leading by example in the way we are teaching online.

I am very excited to take this course and look forward to seeing how it turned out. Thank you for the opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment